Last week I was feeling a bit blue (not a bit, but a LOT).. The stress of work, deadlines, as well as some personal issues, made me want to pack my bags and move to an exotic island like the Maldives.
But since I can’t do that, I decided to take a more practical approach and do things that make me happy.
Here are some:
- Check my favorite design and fashion blogs.
- Bookmark recipes (and actually make them).
- Try out new food combinations (a recent favorite is grilled cheese sandwich with apricot jam).
- Have a hot mug of coffee or tea (always with milk). For some reason, it makes me feel better..
- Read. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies. Curling up with a good book (or a favorite magazine) is an instant stress reliever.
- My ultimate pick-me-up is a nice gathering with the family. There’s something about being surrounded by the people you love (and love you back) that makes you feel warm on the inside.
What makes you happy?
Image: We Heart It